The National Energy Storage Summit is bringing energy storage experts together across industry, government & national labs, academia, finance, and regulators to catalyze new partnerships and accelerate energy storage solutions. In addition to engagement opportunities throughout the Summit, we’re holding a raffle drawing whose prizes include once-in-a-lifetime experiences like a virtual coffee with a Nobel Prize winner, a one-on-one meeting with DOE Deputy Secretary David Turk, and a private tour of one of DOE’s prestigious national labs.
Attendees can earn points for the raffle by engaging in the specific activities listed below. After the Summit, we will hold a randomized raffle drawing. Your chances of winning increase with the number of points/tickets you accumulate!
Scroll down to see all the activities that can earn you raffle points.
(A) Virtual Coffee with DOE Deputy Secretary Dave Turk — Chat 1-on-1 with Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Energy David M. Turk over a virtual coffee.
Nobel Prize Virtual Meetings
(B) Virtual Coffee with Nobel Prize Winner Saul Perlmutter — Meet Nobel Prize Winner Saul Perlmutter 1-on-1 over a 30-minute virtual coffee.
(C) Virtual Tea with Nobel Prize Winner Stan Whittingham — Meet Nobel Prize Winner Stan Whittingham 1-on-1 over a 20-minute virtual tea.
Private National Lab Tours
(D) Private Lab tour (LBNL) — enjoy a private virtual or in-person tour of selected portions of Berkeley Lab (single or small group). Subject to national lab policies.
(E) Private Lab tour (SLAC) — enjoy a private virtual or in-person tour of selected portions of SLAC National Accelerator Lab (single or small group). Subject to national lab policies.
(F) Share a message with Berkeley Lab — Share a message with the Berkeley Lab community and employees through the Lab’s daily internal website and newsletter, “Elements.” Subject to review.
(G) Name a turkey or goat — Name one of the goats or wild turkeys (your choice) that roam around Berkeley Lab. Note: We do not physically tag the goats or turkeys — a themed certificate will be sent to your email after the name is confirmed.
(H) Swag bag — Win a goodie bag of Berkeley Lab merchandise.
How To Earn Points
Tip: You can start earning points/tickets before the summit! Those activities are marked below in bold.
|ACTIVITY||DESCRIPTION||# POINTS/TICKETS EARNED|
Miss the Start
|Log in before the start time both days||10|
|Engage in Brainstorms||Attend and engage in BOTH brainstorm sessions (1 per day)||20|
|Be Present||Join 10 sessions across both days||30|
|Happy Hour||Attend the Happy Hour on Day 1||30|
|Showcase||Submit content for the Capabilities, IP, and Start-Up Showcase early — by February 22||50|
|Jumpstart Collaborations||In the Collaboration Cycles questionnaire due on March 4, you indicate being available to meet others (in question # 7) and you attend the meetings that you are assigned.||50|
|Connect with Potential Collaborators||Participate in at least one 1:1 meeting or roundtable during the Collaboration Cycles session on the event platform on Day 2||60|
|Social Media||Create a tweet using the hashtag #EnergyStorageSummit anytime before March 10 with original content* about how to register for the Summit, quotes or messages from the summit, or your experience at the summit. If your Twitter handle isn’t your registered name, fill out this form.||60|
|Forward to Colleagues||Forward an official Summit email (originating from Berkeley Lab Constant Contact) to a relevant listserv before March 1 and CC or BCC email@example.com||70|
|Pitchfest Proposal||Submit an eligible abstract proposal for the Pitchfest — an opportunity to share your start-up, research, or ideas with other attendees||100|
*Example Tweet for use:
I just registered for the #EnergyStorageSummit ⚡🔋, hosted by @BerkeleyLab, where thought leaders will work towards solutions to ensure America’s energy storage future and create #cleanenergy jobs! #EnergyTwitter
Register today! https://national-energystorage-summit.lbl.gov/
- To be eligible for the raffle drawing, you must have registered by 12pm PT on March 7, 2022 for the National Energy Storage Summit.
- You can only receive points for an action one time (e.g., your first tweet receives points, any following tweets from you do not).
- Points correspond to tickets for the raffle drawing (10 points = 10 tickets).
- There will be a separate raffle draw for each prize (an attendee may win more than once).
- Please use the email address you utilized for Summit registration across all raffle actions to ensure points are allocated appropriately.
- Prizes are not guaranteed, and rules/points are subject to change.
- Due to the number of registrants, we unfortunately won’t be able to respond to requests regarding point count.
- Drawing will take place after March 9, 2022, and winners will be notified in the post-event email to registrants.
Of the 23,300 raffle tickets earned over the course of 2 days, the following 8 participants are the winners of the random raffle prize drawings – congratulations!
- Adam Thiel, Philadelphia Fire Department
- Bor-Rong (Hypo) Chen, Idaho National Laboratory
- Gregory Halder, Argonne National Laboratory
- Manas Pathak, EarthEn, Inc.
- Nian Liu, Georgia Tech
- Patrick Dobson, Berkeley Lab
- Roger Jenkins, Lockheed Martin
- Vincent Battaglia, Berkeley Lab