Did you make connections at the National Energy Storage Summit and could use some resources to help launch or accelerate new ideas that came about at the event? You’re invited to apply to a special $20k Collaboration Seed Fund to help accelerate your new partnership and joint ideas. Keep reading for more info on how to submit a simple proposal for consideration to receive up to $5,000 to help turn your idea into a reality.
Eligibility & Award Criteria
The goal of the Seed Fund is to catalyze collaborations across the energy storage ecosystem, break down silos, and support new ideas related to the Summit themes for accelerated impact. Eligible proposals must comprise individuals who attended the Summit, representing two or more different organizations.
How Do I Apply?
The deadline to submit is April 6, 2022 at 11:59pm PT. Simply send an email to email@example.com with “Collaboration Seed Fund — [YOUR ORG NAME]” in the subject line. We only need to receive 1 email per partnership/idea. The email must contain the following:
- Names, titles, organizations, and email addresses of the collaborators (note: individuals must have attended the Summit and represent different organizations).
- In 400 words or less, tell us what your idea is, and the activity you will undertake with the funds to advance the idea. Make sure to include how this idea will accelerate impact (especially in connection with the Summit themes from Day 1 or Day 2) and any intended touchpoints with other partners or stakeholder groups that could help you to grow the idea.
- Requested amount (up to $5k) with a description of how the money will be spent and the date by which the money will be spent (simple, itemized list of expenditures, i.e. labor, equipment, etc) and which partner(s) will receive what allocation.
- Awards given to non-LBNL employees may have tax implications for the recipient.
- Awards given to LBNL employees will be in the form of a project/activity code to which the employee may charge time and a limited amount of supplies.
- Every proposal must include this line: “I confirm that this partnership and/or this idea was initiated at the National Energy Storage Summit. I understand that the monetary award is at the discretion of the Summit organizers, and that I will be responsible for providing information on usage of the funds and final impact within a year of reward.”
When will I know?
We will inform you of the result of your proposal by (nominally) April 20, 2022.
Special thanks to University of California for supporting this Collaboration Seed Fund initiative.