National Energy Storage Summit Virtual Pitchfest — Wednesday, March 9, 2022
The National Energy Storage Summit Virtual Pitchfest offers all conference attendees a unique opportunity to share their innovative ideas with an audience of researchers, and others from across industry, government, regulators and policy-makers, and the news media.
Presenters are challenged to pitch their best idea or solution related to advancing energy storage (science, technology, policy/regulation, markets, etc.) in three minutes or less using limited visual aids. These lightning talks could be about a new idea, an ongoing research project, a startup company’s mission, and beyond. Submission categories are:
Evolving Grid | Transportation | Resilience | Buildings | Energy-Intense Industry
During Day 2 of the Summit, selected presenters will be invited to present their “pitch” to the Summit audience, who will then vote for ‘Best Presentation’ and ‘Highest Potential Impact.’
How to Participate
Summit attendees can submit their abstract to declare an intent to participate by February 28, 2022. The Pitchfest review team will select finalists based criteria including: relevance to Summit themes, potential impact towards decarbonization in the U.S. and resilience, overall balance in topics and speakers, and available space. All participants who are selected will need to register for the National Energy Storage Summit and attend the Pitchfest session on March 9, 2022.
GUIDELINES FOR PRESENTATIONS
- Presentations should be in language appropriate to a sophisticated, but non-specialist, audience.
- Presenters may use up to three PowerPoint slides, and may use animation.
- No additional media (e.g. sound or video files) are permitted in the slide.
- Talks will be limited to three minutes. Those exceeding three minutes will be cut off.
- Presentations during the Pitchfest must be in line with the video submission, except edits based on the review team’s feedback.
- The live audience will vote for ‘Best Presentation’ and ‘Highest Potential Impact’ winners. The presenter with the most votes will be named the winner.
February 28: Submit abstract (limit 250 words) to be considered (Use this submission form.)
March 1: We will inform the Pitchfest Finalists who will be invited to give a live talk during the event. Others will have the opportunity to submit a video to post on the Summit website [will send a pdf of tips and tricks].
March 9: Live talks during National Energy Storage Summit Pitchfest
Please send questions regarding the Energy Storage Summit Pitchfest to email@example.com.